Little Travel Co.

The Little Travel Consultant. Helping You Create Memories. Based in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. The Little Travel Consultant is affiliated with Nexion Canada, ULC 100-235 North Centre Rd, London, On N5X 4E7 HQ Phone 519-660-6966 TICO Reg# 1549342 kate@littletravel.co ~~~ www.littletravel.co

Thursday 20 August 2015

How to Apply for a Gap Year

I have noticed a growing trend in the media – the ‘mature’ gap year.    How lovely, what a great idea,  the children are off at uni,  and it’s time for parents to discover their new freedom.   But I never dreamed that it would apply to me,  having had a job that I thought would see me through to retirement.
But here I am,  as part of the financial industry downsizing in Canada,  finding myself without a full time job,  a shock after 26 years… no job is safe these days.
So I am taking this opportunity to follow my passion,  something I always lectured my children about,  but until this point had not done myself.   I will follow my passion – travel. Whether it’s me doing the travelling,  or me helping others plan and execute their dream vacation/holiday with my new travel consulting business.
But first, I have a trip planned to Peru,  first to Cusco,  to do the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu which has always been on my ‘to do’ list.    Then, while I am there and have no time constraints dictated by ‘work’,  I am taking a trip to the Amazon.
So this blog will be a little different from the many travel related blogs out there created by people born in the 80’s or later,  this is a blog by someone born in the 60’s.   So please bare with me while I figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment