Little Travel Co.

The Little Travel Consultant. Helping You Create Memories. Based in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. The Little Travel Consultant is affiliated with Nexion Canada, ULC 100-235 North Centre Rd, London, On N5X 4E7 HQ Phone 519-660-6966 TICO Reg# 1549342 kate@littletravel.co ~~~ www.littletravel.co

Saturday 16 February 2019

Zanzibar!!!







Ok, I know, I’m reach stretching the ‘well I’m in the neighbourhood’ scenario, but really,  I am!!  I’ve climbed a mountain, I’ve gone on camping safari, I really need some R&R and what better place than a gorgeous palm tree strewn island. 

Zanzibar, also known as Spice Island, is a beautiful island on Africa’s east coast.  It’s a fabulous place to explore with rich history dating back to the nineteenth century when the island was an important trading centre for the Indian Ocean region.   Apparently, no visit is complete without a trip to a spice planation where your senses will be dazzle by clove, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper to name but a few. 

Stone town is the main city on the island and is reputedly the only functioning ancient town in East Africa where little has changed in over 200 years.    There is a labyrinth of walled streets and winding alleys, where you find mosques and wonderful Arab architecture.   There are shops, bazaars and wonderful seafood restaurants.    This is also where Freddie Mercury of Queen was born, so I will definitely be searching out his house if I don’t get lost. 

There are different beach areas on the island, the larger hotels tend to be on the west side, and the isolated beaches are to the north and east.  I will take some time to explore and report back!

In the meantime check out my pics on Instagram as I probably won’t blog until I’m home – why waste the beach time 😊       https://www.instagram.com/littletravelco/

No comments:

Post a Comment