Little Travel Co.

The Little Travel Consultant. Helping You Create Memories. Based in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. The Little Travel Consultant is affiliated with Nexion Canada, ULC 100-235 North Centre Rd, London, On N5X 4E7 HQ Phone 519-660-6966 TICO Reg# 1549342 kate@littletravel.co ~~~ www.littletravel.co

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Airlines comparisons



As I sell flights I like to try out the different Airlines whenever I travel,  just to see how they vary so that I can pass the information on to my clients. 

It turns out that you really get what you pay for. 

I have dreamed of flying with Virgin as it is always promoted as such a different experience but I never get the chance living near Toronto, Canada which isn't on their route.   But fortunately last year I was in India and decided to fly to the UK,  a route which Virgin flies.  
  
I wasn't disappointed,  having flown Air Canada to Delhi,  then Jet Airways to and from Nepal, Virgin was like being upgraded.   The seats seemed more comfy,  the inflight entertainment was fabulous with so many movies or music to choose from,  a menu was handed out before the meal service and ice cream bars delivered to your seat half way through the really boring part of the flight.  It really was a wonderful experience and I wish I could fly Virgin all the time. 
At the other end of the scale was Wow Airlines which I took as a budget flight from London via Iceland to Toronto.    Now I know that it was a cheap flight,  and maybe going from Virgin to Wow wasn't a fair comparison, despite having a week inbetween,  but it really proves the point that you get what you pay for.    No entertainment, no food, nothing extra at all,  and of course you have to pay for checked luggage.  It seemed like the longest transatlantic flight I have ever taken.  Since then I have flown via Iceland with Icelandair which was actually less expensive than Wow and it was a much better flight.  

I am trying out Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong this week,   I hear very good things about them.  I hope I'm not disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment