Little Travel Co.

The Little Travel Consultant. Helping You Create Memories. Based in Whitby, Ontario, Canada. The Little Travel Consultant is affiliated with Nexion Canada, ULC 100-235 North Centre Rd, London, On N5X 4E7 HQ Phone 519-660-6966 TICO Reg# 1549342 kate@littletravel.co ~~~ www.littletravel.co

Monday 30 July 2018

Claude Monet's gardens at Giverny, France



On my recent trip to France I promised myself that I would finally visit Monet’s garden.   I have been to France numerous times and never made it there, which is very silly as it's so close to Paris. 

Monet lived in Giverny, a village in the region of Normandy in northern France only 74km from Paris.    If you are in Paris, there are half and full day tours that you can take which I would highly recommend. 

It wasn't a disappointment at all.  It was just like walking into the artists painting.  Full of colour and beautiful flowers everywhere. It was absolutely stunning and quite moving to be there having seen his paintings all my life.    

There are three parts to the visit, the colourful gardens full of flowers, the water garden with the famous lily pads and bridge and a tour around his house with many of his paintings adorning the walls.    There is also a nice restaurant where you can get a light refreshment or a full meal.

I am so glad that I finally made the time to go this time as it has become one of the most favourite places I have ever visited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment